I Like You

I like you
Like, I really like you
And I know you’ll never notice
Of all things in your life
I’m the least in focus


But, of course, I’m not the only one
There’s hardly a single person in this world you’ve left to stun
I know at least six other people who feel the same as me
Half a dozen different faces that your heart has yet to see


Girl, you’ve got a harem in the making
A whole room full of hearts you’ve set an-aching
We see your achievements 
The large and the small
And wanna let you know that we’ll be there for them all


But please, there’s just one issue that we’ve come to
Tell us who will the girl and who will the ‘adieu’
Will you ever pick just one of us to stick with or to run to
Or are the chances too small for any breakthrough?


Honestly, I think I’m lucky when we’re alone
And I’m jumping and excited by the time that I get home
I know, the chances of you and me are far too slim
But at least the future, for me, is not too grim 


Because, with me, at least, you look me in the eyes
You don’t apologize, 
When you take me by surprise 
You laugh 
At all my stupid jokes and sorry hymns 
For just a simple smile I’d obey your every whim


I love it when you lean in as we share ideas in class
And my heart starts beatin’ fast
With every note you passed


So now in the end I just want you to know
That all I want for you is to be free to live and grow
And if there’s still a chance I can be there for it all

Just let me know, all you need to do is call

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Runaways